High performance drag race, circle track and puller engines often employ mechanical (constant flow) injection systems such as Hilborn, Enderle, Kinsler, Crower, Engler, Ron's, etc. and run a variety of fuels including gasoline, methanol or nitromethane in supercharged and normally aspirated applications.
Our Mechanical Injection Services include:
- Pump flow checking - Without a flow figure at a precise pressure and RPM, a safe, optimal tuneup cannot be properly calculated for maximum horsepower and torque. We're happy to calculate a tuneup and and make a recommendation based on the results of your pump flow test. We can flow test almost any make or model mechanical fuel pump.
- Pump Reconditioning - We rebuild fuel pumps and bring them back to life. Pumps are completely disassembled, cleaned, and inspected. Bearings are replaced if needed along with any other components required. All o-rings are replaced and pumps are then re-clearanced to factory specs. Stainless bolts and AN washers are installed and the pump is flow checked. We also perform updates to pumps to bring them up to the latest technology. For example, some of the older Enderle pumps have a poor shaft sealing arrangement and no provision for a rear o-ring in the body. We can modify old pumps, retrofit them with modern seals and hardware and make them as reliable as the new units for a fraction of the cost.
- Nozzle Cleaning - We can make your screen-type nozzles look like new! By mechanically and chemically cleaning your nozzles, they will be returned to their intended flow. Our proprietary process produces incredibly clean screen nozzles.
- Custom Nozzles/pills - We make precision flow matched jets and pills. If you have one that's rich and another that's a bit lean, we can flow test them and make a custom jet right in between if you wish. Threaded Enderle style, Kinsler fully radiused, Hilborn, etc. can be reproduced for your needs. Different types of jets of the same size have different flow characteristics and can change your fuel curve drastically. We can recommend a type that fits your needs and make up special sizes just for you.
- Short system - With just your pump, nozzles, and bypasses, a very precise starting point can be flowed and calculated. Included are three progressive tuneups to start you out safe, and then move you toward a more aggressive, leaner setting which could include setting up one or more high-speed bypasses, secondary bypasses, etc. Customized info to help you know how changing weather conditions will effect your particular setup are also included.
- Nozzle & Pill Flowing/Matching - We can make sure your nozzles all flow what they should and observe their spray pattern. We can also modify them to flow more if you determine a staggered jetting/nozzle situation is needed. We can check to make sure your high-speed bypasses are really working correctly and at the RPM you desire with the flow required.
- Entire systems flowed - We can utilize your actual fuel tank, filters, lines, pump, barrel valve, nozzles, etc. and simulate passes down the track right on our flow bench. Does your filter create a restriction? Are your fuel tank vents big enough? Would multiple stage high-speed bypasses help you? What about higher system pressure? Port and hat nozzle distribution? Where are the bottlenecks? We can tell! Includes graphs of your fuel system curve under different conditions and suggestions for improvement throughout the system.
- System freshen Up - Whether you have several seasons on your system or you just bought the whole thing at a swap meet, going through things top-to-bottom needs to happen. We can rebuild your barrel valve, fuel shut-off, check valves, pump, nozzles and make them all perform like new again. Complete disassembly, cleaning and inspection along with new o-rings, seals and a leak check ensures everything is ready to go when you get to the track.
- Hoses and fittings pressure tested - We can test your new or used braided lines and fittings to make sure they don't leak and can handle any pressure you specify up to 7000 psi. Make sure your fuel and oil lines can handle what you dish out before you hit the track!